A Fun and Easy Easter Craft For Families With Little Ones
Spring is finally here, which means Easter is just around the corner! Some parents might look forward to classic activities such as decorating Easter eggs, while others cringe at the smell of hard boiled eggs and staining dye. No matter which parent you are, we have a fun Easter craft that you and your little ones can enjoy.
Stuffing orange candies into icing bags to create adorable little carrots is a creative way to be festive and keep things clean. Pack these crafted carrots with Easter figurines and deliver them to neighbors or friends and family, or even keep them for yourself. No matter what you choose to do, here are our step by step instructions to these sweet treats:
1. Get your supplies! It's not a short list. But we promise it's worth it. You will need:
- Clear icing bags
- Your choice of orange candies and treats
- Twist ties
- Green Tissue Paper
- Easterly™ decorations
- Shredded packing paper
- Lookers® boxes of assorted sizes
2. Fold Your tissue paper into three sections.
3. Use your pen to make marks about a half inch away from one another.
4. Use these marks to cut slits into the tissue paper (toward the fold), but not all the way to the other side. Do this until you have about 3-4 inches of slits, then cut all the way down to the fold. You should now have your carrot top!
5. Pack orange treats into an icing bag, leaving about 2 inches of empty space at the top.
6. Once the icing bag is packed, grab a section of carrot top and slip it into the bag until the frays poke out of the top.
7. Use a twist tie to secure the carrot top to the icing bag. By now it should resemble the shape of a carrot.
8. Cut a piece of ribbon to tie a bow around the carrot top, covering the twist tie.
9. Repeat these steps until you have the amount of carrots that you desire.
10. Fill Lookers® boxes with shredded packing paper.
11. Place a carrot and Easterly™ decoration into the Lookers® box.
12. Cover and deliver to someone who could use a smile!